There are a few tricks to play with your satiety levels. Here are the most common tips to make sure you won’t go hungry when reducing your caloric intake.
- Make sure that you are eating enough protein per meal/day. Below are some high-protein snack and meal ideas to boost the protein content.
- Greek yogurt and nuts/seeds, peanut butter on wholemeal toast, hummus and carrots, apple and peanut butter, cottage cheese and fruit, boiled eggs, omelet and vegetables, tuna on a cracker…
- Try to increase your fiber intake and meet the goals shown on your dashboard. Fiber is great for satiety.
- Stay hydrated. Water could help you keep your stomach full. Remember to keep a glass or a bottle of water constantly with you.
- Play with visual aspects. If we see more volume, we think we are eating more food. Try serving your meals on smaller plates and swap calorie-dense foods to less calorie-dense foods (for example, 1/2 a bagel has the same content as 3 cups of natural popcorn, but the latter seems like we are eating more).